Stars of the Week
2AT - Oscar - for an excellent attitude towards everything!
2AW - Iola for always trying her Bowerham Best!
Citizens of the Week
2AT - Adrianna for her appreciation of everyone.
2AW - Ben for showing huge appreciation of his friends and teachers.
The Golden Purple Pen Award:
2AT – Joseph and Ivy
2AW – Isabelle and Ted
Task Homework will be given out on a Monday. Often homework will be something for you to do or to talk through rather than written work that needs handing in.
To find out what homework Year 2 has please visit the remote learning/ homework page where you will find your child’s weekly timetable which will give you an overview of their learning in school and their homework tasks. You will then need to log into Showbie and open the homework folder to access the tasks.
Welcome to Year 2 – we are really excited about welcoming your child!
To help you get started, here are the morning and end of day routines for when we return in September, along with a few top tips!
- Parents/carers should bring their children into school via the back green gate and onto the trim trail, where they will be met by a member of staff. The children will then say their goodbyes and come straight into school via the double doors into the KS1 atrium. Parents are then asked to vacate the trim trail to avoid any congestion.
- The green gate will be opened at 8.30am by a member of the Year 2 team. Parents of Year 2 children will not be allowed onto the playground for health and safety reasons. If parents need to accompany children to KS2, they will have to walk back across the field and enter the school via the designated front entrances.
- The children will make their way into the classroom where they will put their communication diary and water bottle at their tables, then put their coats and bags on their pegs.
- School will finish at 3.15pm. Parents/carers should collect their children from the trim trail. Please can we ask that parents enter the school as before, via the back green gate.
- The children will be dismissed from the KS1 atrium double doors by a member of the Year 2 team when their parent has been seen.
If your child is attending Bowerham Kids Club or Casual Club, they will be asked to stay in the classroom until they are picked up by the Kids Club. Please keep staff and Kids Club fully informed if there are any changes to proposed childcare. We also have a casual care club available if needed. More details about the casual care club can be found through the following link:
The PE Day for Year 2 is TUESDAY. Children should come to school in their full PE kit and you can find a list of what they will need to wear for PE here.
Library books can be changed in the new Key Stage 1 library on a Friday (both classes).