Welcome to Reception!
On this page you will find all the information that you need about what’s going on in Reception
This week in Reception
- We have had another busy week, full of lots of wonderful fun and learning!
- We have done some fantastic independent writing with Mrs Baxter in literacy. We were able to confidently identify the initial sounds in the words we were writing, and some of us were even able to write the words ‘robin’, ‘bird’, ‘fox’ and ‘duck’ all by ourselves. All of our teachers were very impressed!
- We have been showing our creative side by using a bundle of earbuds to paint Autumn trees, tissue paper and paper plates to make fox faces and leaves to create leaf hedgehogs!
- We have been exploring the outdoor environment for signs of Autumn, and we have been fantastic at spotting how the natural environment is changing around us following on from our Autumn walk last week.
- Last, but certainly not least, we all loved our visit from Pudsey! We were all extremely excited when he arrived and we were so impressed with the amount of money we raised. As a school we raised £6286.05 and we would like to say a huge thank you to all of you who helped us raise some an amazing amount of money for such a fantastic cause!
Next week in Reception
Next week, we will be continuing to build on the children’s interests in woodland animals. We will also be looking at the story of ‘The Gingerbread Man’ as the children have been starting to get into the spirit of Christmas.
- We will be continuing to find out lots of interesting facts about 2D shapes, and we will be continuing to challenge ourselves to describe shapes using their properties.
- We will be taking on the roles of the characters from the story of ‘The Gingerbread Man’ and will be experimenting with different ways of moving in PE.
- Finally, please remember it is a non-uniform day in order to collect prizes for our annual Christmas Quiz. Reception Class are collecting for a ‘Cozy night in’ hamper. Items, such as slipper socks, popcorn, chocolates, DVDs, would be greatly appreciated.