Welcome to Reception!
On this page you will find all the information that you need about what’s going on in Reception
This week in Reception
- This week, we have continued to love taking part in the Big Schools’ Birdwatch! We had great fun going to the trim trail to watch for birds. We took our binoculars and clipboards and were very excited to see lots of wonderful birds in the trees behind school. We were all fantastic at staying still and quiet as we have been learning about how loud noises can scare birds away.
- In Literacy, we have been helping the Little Red Hen’s friend, the dog, write an apology letter to her after he did not help her make some bread. We really impressed Mrs Baxter with our writing!
- On Wednesday and Thursday, we loved getting messy with Mrs Longhorn as we helped her make some chocolate bird nests. We rolled two dice and were able to count out the correct number of ‘eggs’ to place in our nests. Great job!
- On Friday, we had a wonderful day celebrating Winnie the Pooh day. We all brought in our favourite teddies and it was lovely to listen to lots of wonderful stories about Winnie the Pooh and his friends!
Your Tapestry Online Learning Journeys are now ready to be downloaded. Please click here for more information on the importance of downloading and about how to download.
Next week in Reception
- Next week, we will be continuing to help the Little Red Hen with some of her jobs as well as being introduced to her friend Chicken Licken. We wonder what help he will need…
- We will be continuing to practice our counting on skills to help us answer some addition questions left by the Little Red Hen.
- In Chatter Matters on Friday, we will be talking to Miss Woodruff all about the birdwatching we have taken part in and she cannot wait to see our lovely drawings and writing!