Welcome to Nursery!
On this page you will find all the information that you need about what’s going on in Nursery at Bowerham
- Welcome back! We have had a fun first first weeks in Nursery getting to know our new teachers and friends.
- The children have started to show an interest in vehicles so we decided to use some of our vehicles to make tracks on paper with paint. We also had a great time rolling tyres in paint to create patterns on the floor outside- it was messy but fun!
- This week we have been busy meeting some of our teachers pet animals. Miss Ireland’s dogs Paddy and Alfie came to say hello, so we took them for a walk around the school field. On Friday Mr McHugh brought in three of his pets- Rex the puppy, Toothless the lizard and Tiny-T the tortoise. We also enjoyed meeting Mrs Archers guinea pigs Ginnie and Hermione! Do you have any special pets at home? We would love to see some photos of them. You could upload your pet photos onto your child’s Tapestry account.
- On Wednesday we had a special visit from Miss Ireland’s baby, Mia. The children enjoyed watching her play with her toys and sang her some lovely songs. We then enjoyed looking after our babies in the home corner, feeding them and taking them for walks.
- We will be busy looking at and picking the fruit that has been growing around the school grounds. We are then looking forward to making some yummy fruit crumbles and flapjacks with them!
- We will be using our listening skills to listen carefully to the different noises that we can hear in our outdoor environment.
- We will be creating our own building site outside so that we can have lots of fun pretending to be builders!
- We will also be introducing two new pets to the children in Nursery- watch this space for photos on Tapestry and the school facebook page of our new Nursery friends!
- Don’t forget to continue to upload photos and information onto your child’s Tapestry account to show us the lovely things you have been busy doing at home!