Welcome to Nursery!
On this page you will find all the information that you need about what’s going on in Nursery at Bowerham
- We have enjoyed being firefighters, putting out fires (pretend ones of course) and rescuing animals stuck up trees (also pretend!)
- We have been busy creating shape fire engines as well as making our own fire engines and emergency vehicles in the workshop area with a variety of junk modelling materials. Mr McHugh helped us to make a helicopter which we will be proudly hanging in the main room in Nursery.
- We didn’t get time to make our shape fire engine snacks as we decided to make Pudsey bear biscuits instead for Children in Need! We will be making our fire engine snacks next week instead.
- We have a new family of pets in Nursery! Our Stick Insect family! We are still in the process of naming our 10 Stick Insects and are looking forward to looking after them and watching them grow.
- We will be helping Miss Lancaster rescue some numbers from a fire! (pretend of course)
- We will be continuing to have fun role playing in our fire station, creating ‘fire’ collages and paintings as well as enjoying a yummy fire engine snack.
- We will also be reading the story The Stick Man by Julia Donaldson. After reading the story we will be collecting lots of sticks from the school forest so that we can create our own stick people and stick pets as well as having fun decorating sticks with lots of materials in the workshop area.
- Don’t forget to continue to upload photos and information onto your child’s Tapestry account to show us the lovely things you have been busy doing at home!