Nest Lancashire has been set up to support young people aged 8 to 18 who have been affected by crime or subjected to bullying, threats or harassment. You can talk to us in confidence and all of our services are free of charge. Our aim is to help you recover from whatever it is you have experienced and our trained, friendly staff will be able to help you move forward and feel safe again.
Experiencing or witnessing a crime can be really frightening. Being hassled, bullied or threatened is not ok. It is normal to feel upset, angry, frightened or scared following the experience. You may feel fine one moment and overwhelmed the next. Everyone deals with things differently and whatever you are feeling, we are here to support you.
It doesn’t matter if you haven’t told anybody or if the incident happened a long time ago. Even if you are unsure of whether what has happened to you is classed as a crime, we are here to help. There is no incident too small or too big for us to be able to support you.
What support is available?
We can support you in a way that suits you best. You can talk to us over the phone, in person, email us or send us a text. We will talk to you to get to know you and decide the best way forward together.
We can offer you:
- One-to-one support
- Group sessions with other young people
- Access to sport and other social activities
- Help to build your confidence
- Help to ensure you feel safe and secure again
- Support in reporting the crime if you would like to do so
- Information about your rights as a victim of crime
- Support you throughout the process if your case goes to court