If your child has been offered a place to join our Reception 2021 class and is new to Bowerham, can you please complete all the forms below and email back to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 30th April 2021.
Please see the document below for a selection of frequently asked questions and answers.
We thought it might also be helpful to include some of our new parent’s thoughts about their child’s start at Bowerham. Please see below for some parent testimonials:
- We could not be happier with how well our daughter has settled into Bowerham Primary School. She has thoroughly enjoyed her first two weeks in reception. She has gone to school every morning with a smile and been so excited to tell us about her day when we pick her up. We really appreciate the hard work the staff have clearly put in to make it a smooth settling in process, especially given the current situation with Covid-19. We have felt completely reassured and happy as our daughter starts her new journey at school. A big thank you to the reception team.
- While the settling in process was quite different this year due to Covid-19 precautions, the Bowerham team have been amazing – providing early and clear information about what would be happening, recording multiple video tours and introductions to help us know what to expect, and being available for any and all questions. After only one full week our daughter has already started to develop her favourite parts of the reception space, remember a few of the new children’s names, and can be constantly found singing the special hello and goodbye songs that make her feel a part of her reception class. The reception teachers – and kids club leaders – are clearly attentive to the different approaches of different kids and have provided us with great feedback about how things are going and what we can do to help support their work.
- I was extremely anxious about my son starting school after such a difficult year. He stopped attending nursery in March and was no longer used to being away from us. I’m happy to say I had nothing to worry about. He absolutely loves school, so much so that I struggle to get him to leave! I can’t believe how quickly he has settled in, he loves his teachers and has made lots of friends. Everyday when we (eventually) get home he tells me about all the things he has loved doing and how excited he is about going back!!!
- My daughter has settled into school really well with a very smooth transition from nursery to school. From her very first session, all the staff have been so friendly and welcoming and she has come home with a really big smile on her face every night. The communication between school and home has been great with us being kept informed of how she is settling in even with all the current restrictions in place. I cannot praise the reception department and management team at Bowerham School any more.
- Our son started at Bowerham Reception class this September after several years at nursery. Preparing him for this major milestone was made so much easier through the efforts of the school. Bowerham have gone out of their way to ensure, as new members of the ‘Bowerham Family’, all three of us were well prepared for his start. The school sent out useful information regularly and in good time and, while plans inevitably had to change to ensure COVID control, we always felt well informed and prepared. We also found the ‘get to know your teachers’ Zoom meetings and the regular YouTube clips absolutely invaluable in getting him as familiar with the school setting as much as possible before the big day itself. On his first day, he was very excited and knew himself exactly what was in store. He was a little nervous about starting something new, but when greeted by Miss Culkin’s smiley, happy face he went in to school very happy. Since that first day, every morning when we arrive at school we take some time to walk around the playing field and the forest before he goes in. This has fast become a firm favourite. The staggered starting times mean that it has never been too overwhelming for him and also means that social distancing can be maintained in a pragmatic way. The welcome from Miss Culkin and Mr Guilfoyle is always warm and enthusiastic, which is great! Every member of staff that we have encountered have been friendly, welcoming and always with a smile, which has made his transition to school so easy. Thank you Bowerham. We know that we have made the best choice of school for our son.