Please click here to access the Presentation Video for Prospective parents.
Please click here to view Mrs Bank’s video with useful information about Reception 2021 admissions.
Virtual Open Day
At this time of year we would normally be holding our annual open day, inviting you into school to look at our classroom environments. There would also be an opportunity to meet the teaching staff.
Due to current restrictions and after much discussion we have made the decision not to hold an Open Evening at this time. Instead, we are currently producing a virtual tour of our Early Years Department, Key Stage One and Key Stage Two. For those parents applying for Reception 2021 we will also be holding several Zoom ‘question and answer’ meetings.
By clicking the link below new parents will have the opportunity to listen to a short presentation from Mrs Banks (Head teacher) alongside a member of the senior leadership team. You will then have the opportunity to ask any questions you may wish to ask via the chat facility. Attendees will be muted in order to enable everyone to listen to the presentation and answers. Please join the link for the date and time that is most suitable for you where you will be admitted into the meeting by Mrs Banks.
Thursday 7th January 2021` 2PM & 4PM https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85961345072
In addition to this for those parents who may have children with additional needs our SEND team will also be facilitating Zoom meetings in the same way to give parents the opportunity to ask any questions.
Thursday 7th January 2021 3Pm & 5PM https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85961345072
Please look out for a virtual tour of the school which has been uploaded on our Bowerham You-Tube account https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuES32FC2Ezx8jTjBOB7riw . This has also been shared on Facebook so please click on this link to follow us if you are not already doing so https://www.facebook.com/bowerham/
Our current Reception cohort has settled into the Bowerham family life really well. They have fully embraced the environment and everything that our classroom has to offer; often coming home slightly dishevelled and covered in mud and paint – just as it should be!
Please see the document below for a selection of frequently asked questions and answers.
We thought it might also be helpful to include some of our new parent’s thoughts about their child’s start at Bowerham. Please see below for some parent testimonials:
- We could not be happier with how well our daughter has settled into Bowerham Primary School. She has thoroughly enjoyed her first two weeks in reception. She has gone to school every morning with a smile and been so excited to tell us about her day when we pick her up. We really appreciate the hard work the staff have clearly put in to make it a smooth settling in process, especially given the current situation with Covid-19. We have felt completely reassured and happy as our daughter starts her new journey at school. A big thank you to the reception team.
- While the settling in process was quite different this year due to Covid-19 precautions, the Bowerham team have been amazing – providing early and clear information about what would be happening, recording multiple video tours and introductions to help us know what to expect, and being available for any and all questions. After only one full week our daughter has already started to develop her favourite parts of the reception space, remember a few of the new children’s names, and can be constantly found singing the special hello and goodbye songs that make her feel a part of her reception class. The reception teachers – and kids club leaders – are clearly attentive to the different approaches of different kids and have provided us with great feedback about how things are going and what we can do to help support their work.
- I was extremely anxious about my son starting school after such a difficult year. He stopped attending nursery in March and was no longer used to being away from us. I’m happy to say I had nothing to worry about. He absolutely loves school, so much so that I struggle to get him to leave! I can’t believe how quickly he has settled in, he loves his teachers and has made lots of friends. Everyday when we (eventually) get home he tells me about all the things he has loved doing and how excited he is about going back!!!
- My daughter has settled into school really well with a very smooth transition from nursery to school. From her very first session, all the staff have been so friendly and welcoming and she has come home with a really big smile on her face every night. The communication between school and home has been great with us being kept informed of how she is settling in even with all the current restrictions in place. I cannot praise the reception department and management team at Bowerham School any more.
- Our son started at Bowerham Reception class this September after several years at nursery. Preparing him for this major milestone was made so much easier through the efforts of the school. Bowerham have gone out of their way to ensure, as new members of the ‘Bowerham Family’, all three of us were well prepared for his start. The school sent out useful information regularly and in good time and, while plans inevitably had to change to ensure COVID control, we always felt well informed and prepared. We also found the ‘get to know your teachers’ Zoom meetings and the regular YouTube clips absolutely invaluable in getting him as familiar with the school setting as much as possible before the big day itself. On his first day, he was very excited and knew himself exactly what was in store. He was a little nervous about starting something new, but when greeted by Miss Culkin’s smiley, happy face he went in to school very happy. Since that first day, every morning when we arrive at school we take some time to walk around the playing field and the forest before he goes in. This has fast become a firm favourite. The staggered starting times mean that it has never been too overwhelming for him and also means that social distancing can be maintained in a pragmatic way. The welcome from Miss Culkin and Mr Guilfoyle is always warm and enthusiastic, which is great! Every member of staff that we have encountered have been friendly, welcoming and always with a smile, which has made his transition to school so easy. Thank you Bowerham. We know that we have made the best choice of school for our son.
Apply Online for Reception 2021
Once you have chosen the schools you wish to apply for please click here to access the Lancashire County Council admissions where all applications must be submitted.