Welcome to Bowerham
A community primary and nursery school for children aged 2-11
Stand tall, reach high and love learning
Welcome! Our school serves the children and families within the community of Bowerham in Lancaster. It is a large, very successful and happy school where staff, children and parents work hard and do the best they can.
The Bowerham School community is proud to nurture aspiration, inspire love for life-long learning and prepare children for a changing society.
At Bowerham School we:
- Ensure all children have access to a fun and engaging, ambitious and creative curriculum that widens their life experiences
- Develop confident and independent learners with motivation, curiosity and a love of learning
- Ensure all children learn about and demonstrate the British Values of: tolerance, mutual respect, individual liberty, democracy and rule of law
- While respecting differences including gender, ethnicity, religion and ability.
- Nurture, develop and challenge children to be aspirational and secure within themselves in order to prepare them for their future
Mrs Banks, Head
If you are interested in sending your child to our nursery or primary school, welcome!
You can find out more about us, read our Prospectus and learn more about how the school works within our admissions pages.
If you are looking for a place for Reception 2020 and would like to book a showaround at our school please click here for the available dates and to book your place.
Our School Improvement Plan
Every year we write a school improvement plan so that the staff, governing body and school can work hard to make Bowerham the best that it can be.
Value of the Half Term
Courage means facing your fears – it doesn’t mean never being afraid
Courage involves accepting how you feel and not giving up
Try talking to your child about experiences when they have needed to show courage and how they overcame their difficulty.